Ahead of the 12th anniversary of the Bitcoin white paper, a large group of celebrities published cameo videos saying “happy birthday” to the world’s first cryptocurrency. A number of popular stars appear in the videos including Charlie Sheen, David Hasselhoff, Carole Baskin, Gilbert Gottfried, and more.
- On Halloween, this Saturday, October 31, a great number of cryptocurrency advocates will be celebrating the day Satoshi Nakamoto published the Bitcoin white paper.
- Satoshi Nakamoto published the paper, titled “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System” on the website metzdowd.com on the cryptography mailing list.
- In anticipation of the 12 year anniversary, Halborn, the cybersecurity firm for blockchain companies produced a video with a great number of celebrities wishing Bitcoin a “happy birthday.”
- Celebrity cameos for the 12th-anniversary celebration include RZA, Hassan Johnson, Charlamagne Tha God, Soulja Boy, Doug Benson, Carole Baskin, Charlie Sheen, David Hasselhoff, and Gilbert Gottfried.
- Discussing the celebrity cameo birthday wishes to Bitcoin, Halborn cofounder Rob Behnke told news.Bitcoin.com that “Cybersecurity can be a somewhat dry industry that takes itself too seriously.”
- “At Halborn, when we’re not off working with clients or winning hackathons, we’re playing in our bands and goofing off,” Behnke added. “Having a bunch of celebs wish bitcoin a happy birthday? We did it for the Lolz.”
- Halborn’s cybersecurity clients include firms like Coinbase, IBM, AVA Labs, Bancor, Stellar, and Blockfi.
- “I want to send this out because Bitcoin turns 12, October 31st that’s on Halloween,” said the Wu-Tang Clan producer and rapper, RZA, during his cameo appearance. “Ya know Bitcoin was created by the anonymous Satoshi Nakamoto doin his thang. I wanna say one thing about this— If you don’t know about it, you better know about it, because yo… at the end of the day scientists can create something son, but the value on everything is what we put on it. The Bitcoin revolution has started.”
- “Bitcoin was not invented by Satoshi Nakamoto,” David Hasselhoff said in his guest appearance video. “Bitcoin started with the Hoff… I, David Hasselhoff invented Bitcoin and I’m going to keep what I know about Bitcoin a secret,” the television and film star added.
- All nine celebrities can be seen in the compilation video below and individual cameos are hosted on Halborn’s website. It’s also very unlikely that the former Baywatch star is Satoshi Nakamoto.
What do you think about the nine celebrities that wish Bitcoin a “happy birthday” ahead of the 12th anniversary? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments below.
The post ‘David Hasselhoff Invented Bitcoin’ – 9 Celebrities Wish Bitcoin a Happy Birthday appeared first on Bitcoin News.